M&A

M&A

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Warped Tour

So Matt and I went to Warped Tour today, and it was AWESOME! I had never been before, and I wasn't disappointed. It was so much fun!

We got up there a little bit late because I was lollygagging this morning (I didn't get home from work until after midnight), so we ended up missing Miss May I, which I am stilled really bummed about. I was told they even performed one of my favorite songs by them, and that just added insult to injury.

Swing - Savage (original) *lamest music video ever
Swing - Miss May I 

It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed spending so much time with my husband. And let me just tell you all that we enjoyed THE MOST DELICIOUS (and expensive) nachos while we were there! I desperately wish that I could remember the vendor so that I could get some outside of Warped Tour, but alas, I will just have to make due with the tasty memory.

On our way up to Salt Lake 8.6.11
August Burns Red ended up being the first band that we saw.

We Came As Romans
We Came As Romans
I Set My Friends On Fire.
I would love them for no other reason than because of their awesome name. ☺
↑   click to enlarge   ↑
Of Mice and Men
We took a break after these guys so that we could lay down under a shady tree with a smoothie. We took off our shoes and enjoyed the next band from a distance. Heavenly.

Asking Alexandria

Some people might be offended by what was on this guy's shirt, so I tried to blur the photo a little bit. No matter what angle I tried to get a picture from, this guy always seemed to be in the way. If excessive cursing and vulgarity don't bother you, you can find the original picture at the bottom of this post.

The Devil Wears Prada
The last band of the night (and probably Matt's favorite) was The Devil Wears Prada. They put on a pretty awesome show. They all had so much energy and enthusiasm and it really came through in their performance. A great end to a long day. ☺


There was a kid that had to be carried out during the middle of all this. I don't know if it was heat exhaustion or what, but everyone parted and they carried him right past us. He was being loaded into the ambulance when we pulled out of the parking lot after the show.




~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~





If you are easily offended, please don't look at this last picture. Consider this the end of my entry, because for all intents and purposes, it is. I hope everyone had a good weekend!






~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~







3 comments:

BreAnn said...

Right, like my curiosity is going to let me just ignore the shirt :) Telling me not to look was like begging me to. I love Warped Tour! I'm sad I missed it this year, and it sounds like there was a lot of good bands. Glad you had fun though!

Baby Sister said...

I've never been to Warped Tour. Maybe one of these years. It looks like fun. :)

Amanda said...

Bahaha! Well at least I warned you, right? ;) It was so much fun, I'm sad that you missed it, too.

Baby Sis, you and Bre should come with us next year! My husband rarely misses it, so I'm sure we will be there. :)