P.S. I know that many of these pictures are already on Facebook, but I have a few family members and friends that don't use it. Plus, this blog doubles as somewhat of a journal for me, so it's nice to be able to put my pictures all in one place. Sorry about the déjà vu. ☻
Here we go...
| 7.2.11 |
The reason I need "proof" is as follows:
The night before this picture was taken, I was out to dinner with several family members. I happened to be sitting next to my grandmother, and I also happened to still be wearing my gym clothes, sports bra and all. That part is important, so remember it.
When it came time to pay the tip, my grandma leaned across the table to hand my aunt a huge wad of bills. She handed her way more than was necessary, so my aunt tried to give a couple back to her. My grandma wasn't paying any attention, so I snatched them up and pretended to tuck them into my bra.
My grandma then looks over at me and says (and I quote): "Oh honey, you can't put anything in there, it would fall right to the floor." Thanks, Grandma.
I guess it was payback for calling her horny. Earlier during this same dinner we were discussing the fact that my father's next birthday is going to be his 50th, and thus we needed to do something extra special and make a big deal of it or whatnot. For some reason my brother and I thought he already was 50, which led to my uncle pointing out his own age and the fact that he and my father were only 17 months apart.
This is something that I wasn't aware of up until that point, and it kind of shocked me. So without thinking, I turn to my grandma and exclaim, "Grandma! You horny thing!" to which she replies, "Don't look at me, talk to your grandpa." Bahahaha!
So yeah, the point of my story is that I do in fact have boobs. Sports bras just flatten them.
Moving on...
Last Sunday, Heather, my brother and myself went down to the South Towne Center so that we could enjoy some Red Robin and act half our age all in one trip.
![]() |
| We stopped at Starbucks on the way there. Gotta have my caffeine. 7.3.11 |
![]() |
| Heather and I trying to squeeze into that tiny toy at the same time. |
![]() |
| The star is a precaution. I don't know what may or may not have been visible... |
![]() |
| Messing with the dials to see if we could get the car to talk. The ice cream truck behind us was talking up a storm. |
| He totally shoved that talking toy right off of the carpeted area. |
| Squeezing into the "backseat" of the ice cream truck. |
| I (sort of) fit inside the rocket ship. Haha! |
| Making my move on Simba. |
July is my very most favorite month, hands down. Everyone is swimming and barbecuing and shooting off fireworks and wearing tank tops and flip flops and eating popcicles and corn on the cob and just basically enjoying the fact that they are alive.
![]() |
| On my way to a barbecue later that day. Seriously, July is when I'm the happiest. |
| My husband taking charge of our hamburgers. |
| Grandpa Patten and Lizzy waiting for the meat to finish cooking. |
| My husband going in for the dunk. He's got mad skills. |
| I was hiding out under a tree while we waited for it to stop raining. It wasn't raining all that hard, so we decided to just go ahead and play volleyball in it. |
| Some of our fireworks. |
| Firework mischief... |
| Wrapping up the night with a game of speed. |
![]() |
| My feisty father-in-law. He's got game. ☺ |
The next morning, I took my baby sister with me to get the car registered and inspected.
| I don't have very many recent pictures of the two of us, so we took a few. |
| She decided that she wanted one of herself in the refection of the glass. |
| We went to Macey's for ice cream cones after the inspection. Such a messy little girl. |
| Check out her super cute holiday nails. One of my other sisters fancied them up for her. |
I spent most of the next day hanging out with one of my brothers. He decided it was as good a time as any to teach me how to ride a motorcycle, and what better way to learn than in the Costco parking lot on a 1982 Yamaha Virago. Haha!
I actually picked it up pretty quickly because the overall concept is basically the same as driving a stick shift. We eventually drove to a church parking lot so that we could better document my milestone.
I had to post the video, I'm still pretty dang proud of myself.
| Getting ready to take off. 7.6.11 |
| 750cc of pure BEAST. That thing is older than I am! |
I ride on the back with him all the time, but this was my first time driving alone. There is nothing else like it, the feeling was incredible and I had so much fun!
It also became very obvious very quickly how stupid people can be when they drive. I've never been so aware of how inconsiderate and careless everyone is! The first time you climb onto a bike will be the last time you take driving with four wheels for granted.
The final two pictures...
| 7.8.11 |
| Because I'm fierce. Haha! 7.12.11 |
So there you have it...
With the exception of Obession Part III, I probably won't be blogging a whole lot for the next little while. Whenever I get a second I try to catch up with what everyone else has going on, so please remember that even though I might not have enough time to leave a comment, I still thoroughly enjoy reading what you have to say. Until next time...






3 comments:
Your stories always make me laugh. I've never lacked in the chest department, so I don't know how it feels...but it cracked me up anyway. :) Awesome job with the motorcycle!! That would be exciting. :) Good luck with work!!
I love this post! At least you have cute little boobies! LOL (I can't get away with saying that to many people so I hope it made you smile) Good luck with your now busy life! We'll have to catch up when you get some free time. Last we talked you only had the lifeguard job. I miss you! xox
All I have to say is A) I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you called your grandma horny. HAHAHA! B) You're adorable and I love your guts and C) I will miss you while you are away from blogland.
Post a Comment