M&A

M&A

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Carry On My Wayward Son

I'm sure that that song has very little to do with what I'm actually posting, but it was the song that came to mind while I was thinking about everything that's happened during the past couple of weeks. Mostly just the carry on part.

August is a very busy month.

Our anniversary, my parents-in-law's anniversary, and my brother-in-law's birthday are all (usually) during the same week in August. My sister-in-law's anniversary is during the first week, and my husband's cousin's anniversary is sometime during the last week.

August is also when my grandpa passed away three years ago, and now it is the month that I lost my sweet friend Lindsey, as well.

There are still times when I miss him so badly that I can't stand it.
I love you, Grandpa.

I went and visited his grave a few hours after Lindsey's funeral today. It was kind of a somber and emotional day for me, and both of them were on my mind.

Lindsey Kae Robinson Karr
May 25, 1986 - August 24, 2011
I love this sweet girl dearly, and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to know her. The world has lost one its brightest lights, but she will never be forgotten.

~*~*~*~*~*~

To see more of her story, you can either visit the links below, or, simply find her button on the right hand side of my blog.

Highland woman defies prognosis (5.10.11)

Grovecrest Elementary dedicates lab to former student/teacher (9.8.11)

I love you, Lindsey. I miss you, and I am one of many that can't wait to see you again.  ♥

2 comments:

Baby Sister said...

August is a busy month for you!! I didn't really know Lindsey that well, but when I saw that she had died it broke my heart for her loved ones. I pray that all of you find peace during this time.

The Mowers said...

I didn't know you knew Lindsey!! Her husband's mother is in my ward and they actually asked if I would help out with the funeral luncheon. (I was too sick though at the time, dangit!)