M&A

M&A

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Obsession Part III

I think my obsession is coming to an end, at least as far as anything I can do about it for now. I have been getting acrylic nails put on for the past couple of months because the touch screen register at work was destroying my natural nails, right down to the quick. 

No bueno.

So this will probably be my last official post starring my obsession (which is still going strong, by the way, I just can't do anything about it). Let's start things off with the yellow that I promised I would talk about. Yes, I know I first started wearing it in May, but I haven't had much time to blog lately. My apologies; I'm going to work on that...

Lemon Fizz
Please ignore the fact that the above picture makes my hand look disfigured, and also the fact that I neglected to do polish cleanup before taking the picture. Okaythanksbye. 

The important thing is that I loved the color and the easy application, but was very disappointed with the staying power. It only took two coats to get a fairly opaque finish, but no matter which topcoat I used or how easy I went on my hands, this color chipped on the first day every time. SO frustrating! :(


Crackle polish (Cement?)
So I get this brilliant idea to cover my less-than-impressive yellow with a cute gray color... It is the first and ONLY crackle polish I have ever owned, and I returned it the same day because I am definitely not a fan. Not just of the way it ended up looking, but because I think the whole crackle polish fad has worn out its welcome and I'm tired of seeing it on everyone. Yuck.
My siblings didn't like it either.
One of my prepubescent brothers told me that my fingernail looked like a sunflower seed.
I would have to agree with him. Lovely.

When I went back to the store to return the failed bottle of Crackle, I came across the new line of Finger Paints (Peace, Love & Color Summer Collection) and instantly fell in love with Art You Wondering?.


Art You Wondering? (flash off/on)
Could you die?? I love it!
It looks so good with the yellow, and it goes on fairly thick so it didn't take very many coats. This polish was very interesting with a jelly-like turquoise base that was loaded with metallic teal and green glitter. I don't have any other colors quite like it, and the staying power was PHENOMENAL! I wore it on my toes for much of the summer because even after teaching swimming lessons all day, this polish withstood the chlorine for over 2 weeks before it started being eaten away. A-may-zing!!




I went through several different colors in June, so I'll just highlight the only two colors that I haven't featured yet. ☻


Fuchsia Rage
(pictured in the shadows)
Fuchsia Rage
(pictured in the sunlight)
Fuchsia Rage
(indoors w/flash)
This was such a fun, bright color, and if it didn't take so many dang coats to achieve an opaque color, I probably would have worn it more. I got this color from Sally's and the bottle said Nina Ultra Pro Salon Formula on it. I've never heard of that brand and I don't own any other colors from it, but I really liked this flashy pink one.


Lavender Highlight
Oh Finger Paints, how I love you! I had no problems whatsoever with this color. The application was smooth and even, and I enjoyed adding this unique shade of purple to my vast purple collection.

I wore a pretty (if unoriginal) shade of red for the fourth of July, but I didn't bother take a picture because I've had the bottle for 5 years+ and the label has been removed. I have no idea where it came from or what it's called or what the brand is, so the only pictures I have of it are pictures that are actually of me and not my nails per se.

7.4.11
I tried to find a picture that I hadn't already posted, but this one was the best I had.

And so ends this chapter of my obsession. About a week after this picture was taken, I made an appointment with a friend of mine for a set of acrylics and I've been getting them done ever since. I'm sure I'll put up a post about how cute all those have been, but right now I have to go get ready for work. ☻



2 comments:

Baby Sister said...

Why do I not own Lavender Fields?? And I agree with crackle...it's done!! Where in the world do you buy them? Sally's? Because the Sally's by Wal*Mart never has anything fun when I go....

Amanda said...

Yep, almost all of my fun stuff comes from Sally's :) I usually go to the one by the Lindon WalMart because it's closest, but I've been known to go to the one over by the AF WalMart because sometimes they have better stuff. ;)