M&A

M&A

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Best Flour Ever

I know I've been doing a lot of food posts lately, but I've been in serious Domestic Diva mode for the past several weeks, so bare with me until I get it out of my system.

First of all, I have to say that if you are Paleo or any other anti-grain diet, then this post isn't for you. I'm not even going to get into why I think "structured", labeled ways of eating are absurd, because there are as many ways to define health as there are people. If eating grains makes you feel like crap, don't eat them. If eating sugar makes you feel like crap, don't eat it. If you aren't comfortable eating meat, don't eat it. To each their own is all I'm going to say.

Here at our house, we like our grains and we all benefit from the extra fiber that wheat flour provides. If your family is like ours, then keep reading, because I am so excited about this that it borders on pathetic.

This is hands down the most awesome brand of whole wheat flour that I have ever used. 
Some day I would like to grind my own wheat and make my own flour at home, but I don't currently have the equipment for such an undertaking, and honestly, ↑ this ↑ flour is so much more family friendly. It is light and fluffy and no one can even tell that I'm using it. It doesn't have an overwhelming nutty flavor like most wheat flour, and it doesn't weigh down any of the food that I add it to. Double score!

Not only did I use it in the graham crackers that I made for K, but I have been putting it in pancakes, homemade bread, blueberry muffins, and even homemade french bread, all of which turned out fabulously. Wheat flour typically makes bread really dense and chewy, but that was not the case with this brand. I'm in love.


Granted, I used half wheat flour, half white flour in all of said recipes (except the graham crackers; those were 100% wheat flour), but it added just enough of what I wanted without tipping my husband off to the fact that they had been altered.

P.S. Homemade french bread is incredibly easy and it calls for very few ingredients. You can find the recipe that I used HERE. Nom nom nom.

*I would suggest using the dough to make one big loaf instead of splitting it in half to make two, like the recipe directs. They definitely come out on the smaller side if you have to make the dough go that far.

No comments: