M&A

M&A

Sunday, August 12, 2012

T minus 10 days

My due date is just over a week away from today, and things have been very busy at our house. We spend a little bit of time every day getting ready for her arrival. It's mostly just cleaning and organizing at this point, but I've managed to throw in a few projects here and there. I love that my husband is nesting right along with me, he has been very involved with this whole process and a HUGE help in so many ways. ♥

This could be the last set of belly pictures if she decides to show up early, but I'm hoping I can sneak in a few more before she gets here.

8.11.12
38 weeks
8.11.12
38 weeks
I am sooo looking forward to having this baby so that all of my horrible and uncomfortable swelling can finally start to go down! I have felt like a giant water balloon for the last 9 months, and I'm excited for my face to return to its original size and shape, for my fingers to shrink about 2 ring sizes so that I can finally wear my wedding ring again, and for my cankles to turn back into regular ankles so that I am able to feel my toes without any tingling or tightness involved. It's going to be glorious and it may or may not be my happy thought during labor. Haha!

I've been working on some random projects for the baby's room, and I must say that DIY is a helluva lot more fun and a great deal more satisfying than store bought. Never mind that the end result might not be quite as cute or professional, because it's saving me a crap load of money.


This dresser is in fabulous condition, but it's older than I am and thus needed some serious TLC. I started by spray painting the handles so they were no longer a mix between rusty bronze and cream colored paint, and then I changed all the trim from super ugly outdated gold to a cute lavender-ish shade.

I never was able to get the lighting just right, so these pictures don't really do my project justice.

I really wanted to find a way to display some of the sweet cards I got from the baby showers, but I had to be creative about it because I didn't want to spend any money on something so frivolous. I ended up cutting off a chunk of cardboard from the box that her baby bath came in, and then I spray painted it the same silver color that I used on the dresser drawer handles. I dipped the bottom of a 2 liter soda bottle in some of the leftover lavender paint and made a tacky flower pattern on the cardboard. After it all dried, I used a hot glue gun to secure a criss-cross pattern out of transparent ribbon, and then added some super cheap bling to the places that the ribbon overlapped.


The piece of cardboard that I used wasn't nearly as big as it had originally looked, so everything turned out a little bit differently from what I had hoped for when I started. I could have skipped the flower pattern all together because it's not even visible, but I still think that it turned out cute enough to go ahead and hang it up like I planned on.

I really want to get all of the ultrasound pictures Mod Podge'd to a canvas so I can add it to her wall of newborn pictures after she arrives, but I'm not sure what kind of an affect Mod Podge would have on flimsy ultrasound printouts. I may have to improvise.

August 22 is D day (give or take), so I probably won't post again until I'm ready to share the birth story. See you then!

No comments: