I have died everyday
Waiting for you
Waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid
I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
Even if I manage to keep it together for every other part of the song, I lose it when I hear the chorus. I am already the emotional, weepy mom that every child dreads having. All I can say is she'd better start getting used to it now. Haha!
Before I post pictures from weeks 22 and 23, I just want it to be known that this is the first time in my life that my thighs have ever been so big that they touch each other, and I am thoroughly PISSED about it. Not only do my shorts creep up into my crotch when I run (an affliction that I have frequently seen plague others at the gym and have always pitied), but I am fairly certain that the friction being caused by such vigorous back and forth action is a fire hazard. Just sayin'.
I will definitely NOT be missing this part of being pregnant. It must be karma for all the thoughts that have snuck into my mind when I see people that are a size I have always dreaded being. There, I've said it. Sometimes I wonder if my unimaginable weight gain is somehow Someone's way of forcing me to come to terms with body image issues...
Ok, enough of that.
| 22 weeks |
I took this picture last Friday because I couldn't believe that even after advancing in shirt size three times since being pregnant, my current - and gigantic - work shirt is struggling to fit my belly. I guess it's time to go up again.
| 23 weeks |
Oh, before I forget, I just want to say that I am almost 100% positive that I felt her kick last week (the 19th to be exact). I had just gotten into bed so I was laying on my back, and I swear on my life that I felt her kick straight up into my husband's arm. He was half asleep and says he didn't feel anything, but because the placenta is in the way, he probably isn't going to for a while. :( I wanted to make sure I recorded it on here because it's the first time I've felt any real distinct movement so far.
4 comments:
You are so funny! I listened to your song. I get why you would become weepy.
P.S. It's about time you joined the 95% of the world that have thighs that touch. I'm officially welcoming you to the club. To be completely honest, I wish I wasn't apart of that club either. But for now I guess I'll have to continue to be okay with it. So you do the same, until your baby girl gets here. ;)
I know right?? I'm so lame, I can't even help myself. :p
Bahaha! I guess an official welcome makes it slightly less devastating. ;) I'm trying really hard to pretend that it doesn't bother me, and then I try to sneak lower body weights in when I make it to the gym. Which isn't all that often these days, I'm afraid. Oh well, once she's here I'll have to get serious again, so I guess I should consider this a break and enjoy it. :)
Okay, ya the getting fat while pregnant is the worst! I am with you I struggle with it so bad! And I am the same way I should even admit it, but I will totally look as some people and think to myself I would rather be dead then be that big, Ah I am horrible I know, but I so agree with you! Hang onto your shorts. . .It only gets worse! Good for you for working out though! I always did hard work outs the whole pregnancy also, but very few people actually do that! From my view. . .You look great, :)
I'm so glad I'm not the only one. It's just so HARD to get used to being inside a body that has never been this big. It's a very new (and sometimes unpleasant) experience and I really have a hard time looking past it some days. :/ I must admit, I don't work out nearly as often or as hard as I did before getting knocked up, but all my energy is gone. Haha! Thank you for thinking that I don't look too bad. ;) Lol! I appreciate any and all positive comments about something that I'm having a hard time accepting.
Post a Comment