M&A

M&A

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Half Way

4.2.12
Baby Girl's profile
She had her feet up over her head and she was grabbing her toes. So cute!
My little acrobat ♥
Upside down, bum in the air just kicking away. She did this through most of the ultrasound.

In addition to a printout of all the ultrasound pictures and a DVD of the the entire appointment, we also received an interesting piece of information.

Baby Girl is actually kicking my placenta in that last picture. I was told that the reason I don't feel her move very much is because my placenta is sitting at the front of my abdomen instead of the side or the back. From what I understood, this is uncommon (only 30% of women have anterior placenta pregnancies), but it is completely normal. All it means is that I won't feel very much movement until I'm further along and it will be very difficult for others to feel her kick.

I think the weirdest thing about being told all that is that I didn't think it was a strange place for the placenta to be. Nearly every picture of a developing fetus I've ever come across on pregnancy websites shows the placenta at the front, not the side. I'm not sure if I'm the one that's confused, or the nurse. Haha!

2 comments:

Ben and Cjirsten said...

That food thing is really cute! I always try to help out the girls by me that have had a baby, it is just so hard to do things after a baby is born, it takes so long to get back up on your feet. Wow you got tons of stuff with your Ultra Sound, that is so cool! I got pictures, but the military does not do DVD's or anything like that, they donm pictures so we can send them to our deployed husbands who miss the ultra sounds ha ha. Very happy to hear that she is Healthy and Strong though!!!

Amanda said...

I thought so, too! I am seriously obsessed, especially with the fruit. YUM!! That's good that they give you pictures that you can send to your husband. My husband had to work during my appointment, so it was nice for him to be able to watch the DVD. It was almost like he didn't miss it. :)