M&A

M&A

Saturday, September 24, 2011

September Happenings

September 19-22 was what we call "Bubble Week" at the Fitness Center. It just means that we closed down the facility to do some deep cleaning, painting, and general maintenance. Oh, it also means that we put the giant bubble back over the pool to get ready for colder weather. Bubble week is actually a ton of fun and I loved getting time off from my other job so I could work and  play at this one. ☻

Jumping on the bubble before we filled it with air
It took volunteers from the city fire department, police force, and any lifeguard/other employee available to roll this huge thing out over the top of the pool. It had to be done in 3 sections and it was surprisingly HEAVY. Before they started filling it with air, some of us went out to play on it a little bit because it's basically like a giant water bed because of the pool water underneath. So much fun!

I got taken advantage of while I was crouched under a bench trying to tape the baseboards.
Perhaps tape and dripping paint look good on my rear end...? I didn't think so...

Clearly we thought it was more fun to paint each other than it was to paint the walls. Haha! Painting was such a welcome break from all of the usual work. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for both of my jobs, but painting was such a nice change of pace from the daily grind and I would prefer it any day of the week.

September 22 is a particular meaningful day for me. September 22, 2007 to be exact. Why, you ask? Because that is the day that I became clean and sober for good.

9.22.11
4 years
I love this, because it reminds me that even though I'm not where I want to be yet, I am well on my way to getting there. My experiences (both good and bad), my success, my failures and my mistakes are all what got me to the place that I am today, and it's all part of who I am and what I'm about. You don't have to regret anything that you have or haven't done as long as you learned something from what you went through. That's really all that matters. Keep on keeping on, and you will make it no matter where it is you're trying to go.

So anyway... 

Enough of that, let's talk about some pictures that I was finally able to get a copy of. Remember how my brother-in-law got married in June? Remember how their amazing reception was catered by Bamboo Hut and remember how I said be on the look out for pictures in the future? Well, look no further! One of the photographers was one of the photographers -- Did you follow that? We both had two -- that took my engagement pictures, and she happens to be a member of the family which means we got to see some of the cool family pictures from that day.

*Just click on them to make them bigger, I know they're super tiny*



Courtesy of Hardman Photography, all rights reserved.

So that's my September so far. This year is quickly coming to a close and I can't believe how fast everything has gone by. See you all in October! ☻

2 comments:

Baby Sister said...

I think your butt looks great with tape and paint. It makes me laugh every time I see that picture. Congrats, again, on the 4 years. That is incredibly awesome. You're amazing. :)

Amanda said...

Bahaha! I'm glad somebody was impressed by my bold fashion statement. ;) Thank you, it is always reassuring when someone recognizes just what an accomplishment 4 years is for me, or for anyone for that matter. ♥