M&A

M&A

Saturday, September 4, 2010

4.5 hours later...

...and I am done with the last book.


I couldn't put it down! And I'm afraid I mean that literally. Taking a much needed bathroom break and getting a drink of water crossed my mind more than once, but I just couldn't help myself. I got into bed just before 2am last night/this morning, and by the time my husband got home from work at 6:30am, I had only a couple of pages to go. Granted, I was already about five chapters into it when I started, but I'd say I still made pretty good time.

However, as riveting as this last book was, I think I may have mixed feelings about it. I want feedback from those of you who have read it already. I have a sneaking suspicion that I got attached to the wrong characters, which is probably why I'm in this mild state of distress. The unsettling thing is that I think everything was supposed to be all worked out by the last page; it's pretty obvious that the author didn't intentionally create any cliffhangers, but not everything feels quite as resolved as I would have liked it to be. :(

I loved the first two books, as did most everyone else that read them, so tell me - am I the only one that isn't sure how I feel about Mockingjay?


2 comments:

Bri and Elty!!! said...

hey! through the long line of blogs I found you and then realized you had already found me! I also had VERY MIXED feelings about this book! and I also spent an entire night sitting up reading! I felt like she left A LOT of things unresolved. And I'm not going to lie I was totally a Gale fan... although I felt like she should be with Peeta I loved Gale... So, the way she left that whole relationship hanging bugged me bunches. and I didn't like how she tried to wrap everything up between her hand Peeta in one paragraph... I don't know I just felt very heavy about how the book ended. I'm glad to hear that you also had some mixed emotions going on too! anyway, I hope everythings going great! It was fun finding your blog!

Amanda said...

Those were my feelings exactly! Ugh! I really didn't know what to think about all of it, I'm so glad you feel the same way.

Things are going well, I'm glad you found my blog, too. I love the whole blogging idea in general, it makes me feel like I'm keeping in touch with people that I hardly ever get see or talk to, like I still get to be part of their life and they get to be part of mine. :)