| I made that little Pippi Longstocking-ish one first to go on one of my closet doors, and the white one is going to get decorated and hang outside on the front door. |
| My work of art in progress. And yes, I did take over the entire kitchen table. |
| If you look closely, you can see the sparkles on the white flower. |
This fabulous idea was stolen from one of my most favorite blogs called Mrs. Priss. You can find her off to the right under "peeps I follow", and I promise you will adore her as much as I do. I've stalked this woman since she was pregnant with her little boy and I don't think I'll ever get tired of her.
THIS is the link to her post for her wreath tutorial. Super easy and super cute.
P.S. She is right - the yarn wrapping most definitely can and will take 238 hours if you let it. I know this because I couldn't abandon the perfectionist in me and it took me at least that long. There, I've admitted it.
P.P.S. Those stupid little styrofoam suckers are expensive. :( I discovered a few months ago that it works just as well to get some foam tubing from the plumbing department at ACE or Home Depot and use it instead. Just cut to the desired length and duct tape together. Voilà! Unfortunately, I didn't really see an easy way to make that work for the heart shape, so I just had to cough up the money. Oh well, my spring wreath will know better...
I still haven't finished THIS project, (it's extremely time consuming), but you can follow the link to get the general idea of what it's going to be even though my colors are different. I originally found the link from a blog I follow called Tatertots & Jello, and the post was FULL of awesome Valentine's Day projects. I was totally in heaven, but I didn't have the time or the money to pick more than one or two. Someday...
![]() |
| So cute! Seriously, go check out those links and get a head start for next year. |
This next project wasn't really a project because it was so dang easy and inexpensive. There are fun little corners all over the internet that offer free downloads and printables, so I apologize for not having the link for this one. I promise that all you have to do is look and you will find some adorable ideas. I printed this straight from the laptop and stuck it in a $3 frame from Walmart. Love it.
And last but not least, a small preview of our stay-at-home Valentine's Day dinner. We decided not to go out and about and fight the horrendous crowds and wait times, but instead to stay at home and do something romantic. ☻
| Yes, this is our coffee table. I had overrun the kitchen table, remember? |
I used the crockpot to make homemade creamed corn (recipe from tasteofhome.com) and modified it with green chilies because it sounded amazing to me and I couldn't stop thinking about it. One of my favorite cookbooks has a recipe for ham and cheese biscuits and my husband loves them, but I wanted to see if I could fancy them up a little bit. After searching through all of the awesome food blogs that I follow, I finally found something surprisingly similar: Ham and Cheese Sliders from The Girl Who Ate Everything's blog (her button is over there on the right side). I deviated from that recipe as well, but just by baking some Rhodes rolls beforehand so I could use them instead of those yucky pre-made ones from the store. We also had Olive Garden salad and drank Love Potion.
We're going out on a real date later this weekend when it won't be quite so busy, so really this was the best of both worlds. I get to celebrate Valentine's Day twice. ♥

No comments:
Post a Comment