M&A

M&A

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I am NOT a fan of birth control

YuckYuckYuck! I am telling you, that stuff is the devil and I don't know why there isn't a better way to keep from reproducing. Why does it have to be so easy? I heard a comedian once say that it should be harder to make babies than it is. I completely agree. What if, say, both people had to complete a marathon in order to get pregnant? If that were the case, we would have nine people in the world and they would all be from Kenya. He has an excellent point. Many a problem would be solved if people would just THINK before bringing another human being into the world.

Anyway, the whole reason for this post is that I am celebrating the fact that I got my implant removed today. HOORAY! Remember that pesky little bleeding problem I've had since November of LAST YEAR?? That's right people, I had a period that lasted from November 13, 2010 - August 15, 2011. No joke. The kicker is that it only stopped because I got put on the pill to regulate my cycle. One form of birth control to keep from getting pregnant, another so I wouldn't bleed to death. Awesome. The combined side effects were something to behold indeed.

I am so done playing that game, so I got off the pill in October (worst form of birth control. EVER.) and got the Implanon removed today. I couldn't be more thrilled.

All the tools needed for my "surgery" haha!
The messy aftermath
TA-DA! IT'S OUT!
I may or may not have gone desperately psycho and tried digging it out myself before calling my OB.
I may or may not have had to give up because I couldn't see through all the blood.
My Dr. may or may not have later told me that if I had any idea how difficult it was to remove in even a professional setting, then I never would have attempted it on my own. Yeah, I figured it out the hard way.

Seriously, that shit was designed by Satan himself and I am so done having anything to do with any and all birth control. That is, of course, until my insurance kicks in and I have to decide what I want to get on next, but I'm trying to enjoy this while it lasts. I'm leaning towards the IUD, because wearing a glove for love is not my favorite, and Depo Provera (the shot), the pill, and obviously the implant are out. Hell to the no for all three of those. Have any of you actually had a GOOD experience with your method of prevention? Do tell, because I certainly haven't. :(

2 comments:

Baby Sister said...

I have the BEST birth control ever...abstinence. ;) But since I wouldn't be wanting that if I were, you know, married, then I don't know what to tell you. :) I am glad it's finally gone now. Hip hip hooray!!

Amanda said...

Heehee! I don't think my husband would go for that, but I'm glad that it's working out so well for you. ;) lol I could not be more thrilled that it's out, I don't think I would ever recommend it to anyone, but I may have just had an unusually bad experience. :p