M&A

M&A

Monday, January 3, 2011

Single Dad Laughing

I came upon a pretty amazing blog tonight while I was catching up with all the blogs that I haven't been reading due to the holidays. I was thoroughly entertained with most of his posts (yes, that's right - the author is a he), but more than anything I was moved and touched and made to think.

After reading a particularly hilarious post of his (see HERE, I promise it will be worth it), I was completely sucked in. I literally laughed out loud while reading through his assortment of humorous commentary, and proceeded to bawl through some of the more serious entries. I cried for various reasons, sometimes not even because the subject necessarily had anything to do with me or my life in particular, but because I felt connected. I understood what the author was trying to say. 

I am touched by the way this man thinks, by the way he looks at life and the way he seems to be living his. I am completely moved by the way he shares what's on his mind with anyone who may or may not be interested. I am blown away by how genuine he is in a world full of men that see such a quality as weak. It has been a very long time indeed since someone has had the power to make me feel and open up my soul the way it was opened tonight. I miss it.

Just in case any of you were curious, there are two posts in particular that really stood out to me and made me cry for reasons I know and understand, and reasons I'm not quite sure of. The links are below if you have time to take a look.





A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

4 comments:

Baby Sister said...

Oh goody another blog to read, and it even comes highly recommended. :) I'll look at it tonight!! I'm excited!!

BreAnn said...

I've readh the You just broke your child one before, he's definitely got a way with words, and sure has a point!

The Mowers said...

Hello my dear. I'm wanting to run a 5k this year again. I ran one last year and didn't do as well as I'd like but I loved the feeling of acomplishment it gave me. Want to run one with me this year? I think I saw on facebook that you like to run, so do you have any tips as well you want to share with your ol friend Licia? Hahaha!

The Mowers said...

Yaaaaaaay! So, where is a good place to run? Most of the 5k's I know of are done around July. The one I did last year was for Steel Days. I'll have to talk to my sister in law. She runs lots of them, then we can kind of choose a date to try to be ready by. Either that or we can just try to get ready and run one when we feel like it. Which ever is fine by me. I just want to do one by the end of the year. Also, when do you want to get together to do it? I'll email you my phone number and we'll have to plan it. :-) I'm so excited. Just to warn you though, I'm a way slow runner, so don't think you have to run by me the whole time LOL! It just helps to have someone to do it with ya know? This will be uber fun!