M&A

M&A

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

♫♪♫ deck the halls with boughs of holly ♫♪♫

I finally got all of my Christmas decor put up, so I am feeling very festive and accomplished this morning. And let me just tell you that this was a three day affair, so I have every reason in the world to be proud of my efforts. Granted, two of those days were dedicated to the tree alone, but that's only because we didn't put one up last year, so I was in very uncharted territory. 

Yes, I know, it's very shameful and scroogy that during our first year of marriage our apartment was completely devoid of any signs that Christmas was in session; however, my husband and I were both working graveyards at the time, which meant we were wretched and cheerless and lacked all motivation and desire to put up a tree, or anything else remotely related to the season of goodwill.

This year I am no longer working graveyards, so I wanted to make sure my halls were decked with something other than cobwebs. Please observe the following:


The "JOY" letters were a gift, and the rest are various knick-knacks that I've collected over the years.
We received the tile for our wedding, and the miniature nativity was a present from my Grandma last year.

The snowman is actually a matryoshka, but I left all the smaller dolls inside it, and the clock plays a different Christmas carol at the top of each hour. I have it turned off though, because it's pretty loud.
Larger nativity from different angles.


And the Grand Finale of decorations is...

     camera flash on                           camera flash off

...the TREE!



✯✯✯  Happy Holidays everyone! May your days be merry and bright. ✯✯✯

 

8 comments:

Natalie Taylor said...

Sweet!!! I love the 'joy' decoration!
I'm debating putting our tree up. Last year we had crawlers- this year we have walking terrorist that will thoroughly enjoy pulling decorative balls off or taking dangerous bites of shiny bright Christmas lights...

MichelleWar said...

Very nicely done! Now that it is officially December 1st I can get our Christmas stuff out. I put all those boxes on top when we moved them downstairs just so I could get to them easily when the time came. :)

BreAnn said...

Beautiful! you have a pretty home and I love your tree!

Amanda said...

Nat, you simply must put your tree up, it would be a sad Christmas for the babies indeed if they had to go treeless. I laughed really hard at "walking terrorists" by the way. Freaking hilarious! ;)

Thanks Michelle. I couldn't hardly help myself, all my Christmas stuff came out on November 29. So weird coming from someone who thinks Christmas is nothing but a big bully to Thanksgiving. I firmly believe in giving each holiday it's own separate month so everything can be properly celebrated and appreciated, but I sprouted some kind of wild hair. Haha!

Thank you Bre, I worked hard to get all my crap unpacked and put it where I thought it would look good, and the tree was definitely a beast, so I am so glad that someone appreciates my efforts. ♥

Withholder said...

Absolutely beautiful! It's got a warm winter feeling. I need to check it out in person.
Im doing the avoidance of decorating this year. With unpacking, and hardly being home.... its just not worth the extra things hanging out for a few weeks.
Way to go friend!

Amanda said...

Yes, you must indeed see it in person, I would love that. I know exactly how you feel about avoiding decorating. That's usually how I am, so I was extremely proud of myself for doing something different this year. ;) lol

Baby Sister said...

Look how festive you are. Lovely!! All of it!!



pst...how did you do the notes in your title??

Amanda said...

Thank you my dear, being festive is a lot of effort. ;) Actually, I've never been able to get stuff like that to transfer over. You know how you do < 3 for a heart and things like that? Yeah, it never turns into what it's supposed to, so anytime I see some kind of fun symbol like that (usually on FB), I copy and paste it to a document I have saved on my laptop. That way I can copy them from there and use them in the form they were meant to be in. :)