So up until a couple of days ago, it was unbeknownst (yeah, I just used that awesome yet weird looking word) to me that chicken enchiladas are basically at the very top of my husband's favorite food list. So I decided I was going to try to make them for him tonight and it went very well. They were delicious, and I was so pleased with myself that once again I was compelled to document the occasion with pictures. :)
Please note that this isn't something I can take full credit for. I did swipe the recipe off of a fantastic blog that I happen to be following. I am so grateful for all of the wonderful women out there that are willing to share what they do in their kitchens with the rest of us.
THANK YOU!
 |
| Gathering up all the necessary ingredients |
|
|
 |
| Making sure the chicken was behaving |
 |
| Carefully shredding the boiled chicken |
 |
| Adding sauce to the top of the shredded chicken |
|
 |
| A little bit of cheese and some olives and it's ready for the oven |
 |
| 17 minutes later... |
 |
| Voilá! | |
I know that last picture isn't all that impressive, but I had to lean around my husband and hold the camera under his arm to get it, he was that eager to get them out of the pan and into his mouth. I know that most of you are already seasoned in the domestic department, but in the event that you would like to try and duplicate my dinner, you can find the recipe here.
Just by way of information, I used a 7" x 11" glass pan and it worked PERFECTLY. I followed the recipe exactly and my cute little enchiladas fit nice and snug without crowding each other. Also by way of information, I cooked them just a couple of minutes longer than what was suggested because my husband likes them a little bit more brown. He also thought that they were a little strong and would prefer that I use less onions and green chilies next time, but I thought they were delicious exactly the way they were (and I am not by any means a fan of super spicy/strong flavors), so to each their own.
Enjoy!
3 comments:
Those look amazing. I'll have to try it next time I'm in charge of Sunday dinner. :)
Nicely done! Houston loves chicken Enchiladas too. I found a recipe from a blog I follow and he really like them. They made a ton, which was great. The leftovers became Houston's lunch for the next few days. I ate a fair few myself. LOL! ;)
My husband loves chicken enchiladas too!
Post a Comment