M&A

M&A

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pregnancy: Joys & Woes

So just by random way of information, I would like to point out that I have had over 100 visitors to my blog since my last post. ☻ I'm flattered that my pregnancy has generated so much interest. Haha! 

Seriously though, I'm glad I have a place that friends and family can come to keep up to date on our journey. I know I haven't been doing a very good job of posting regularly, but that's just how it goes when life happens, so I'll do my best to play catch up with you today.


Nothing very significant happened during my 15th week, and both my sister and I got caught up in our busy lives, so there aren't any pictures. No matter though, because my 16th week is when I really started showing.


16 weeks
3.5.12
17 weeks
3.12.12
17 weeks
Don't mind my cluttered bathroom counter.
I just had to get a picture of my cute green shirt on St. Patrick's Day. :)


It just so happens that my Dr.'s office offers early gender testing for $50 on Saturday mornings. The stipulations are that the results aren't guaranteed, you have to be between 16 and 20 weeks along, and insurance doesn't cover it. I didn't want to fork out fifty bucks for something I was going to have done for free at 20 weeks, but my awesome co-workers did. I seriously have the best friends. ♥

I love that I barely even look pregnant when I'm lying down. Standing is another story...
She was content to just lay there and she didn't want to be bugged.
But after a little bit of encouragement, she rolled over and opened right up.
Such a good little girl already. ♥
Once she thought she'd given us what we wanted, she lay back down on the other side of my belly and got comfy again. Awww!
Her precious little hand.
It was like she was saying, "You got what you came for, I'm done now. Okaythanksbye."

We love her so much already!!


No pregnancy would be complete without the less-than-fun parts, and so far the worst of it is the weight gain and water retention. Blah.

Both my mom and my sister retain water when they're pregnant like it's going out style, so I knew I couldn't escape it; I just kind of hoped that it wouldn't have started this early. Being on my feet for 8 hours a day sure doesn't help, but the good news is that I will likely lose most of my baby weight once the baby is born, because the majority of it is just water and bloating. Some of it is fat I'm sure, but the next picture ought to give you some idea of just how much of it isn't:

We went shopping for maternity shirts earlier this week, and I hung my selections over my arm before finally deciding on one. The indents from the hangers were STILL there two hours later!

And last but not least, my newly acquired back fat, circa week 19. Yikes. Seriously, just call me Ursula the Sea Witch from now on...

3.26.12
My upcoming doctor appointment is next Thursday, and they will do a more thorough look at Baby Girl's anatomy and give us a DVD of the ultrasound. Stay tuned for more pictures and updates. ☻

4 comments:

The Mowers said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! AMANDA!!! I'm so excited for you it's not even funny! :) Yay for baby girls! Are you feeling good with everything? Is there anything I can help you with?

Backlit Boredom said...

YOU. ARE. SO. FRICKIN. CUTE! You need to hang out with me this instant!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

Yay I am so glad I have you blog again, I will save it to my blog this time so I don't lose it again. But your sister really is amazing! Did she go to school, or just really talented with a Camera? I know I have already said it but congrats a million times over again! I am so happy for you, and even more happy its a little girl! I LOVE the little girls!!! I want another so bad! And I am sorry, I know the getting fat part really sucks! Hang in there though, you work out hard you will lose it fast :) Cant wait to follow the blog more!!!

Amanda said...

Haha! Thank you Alicia! Our baby girls can have playdates! :D Things are going well, I'm just having a really hard time adjusting to all the weight gain. :/ I know it's petty and vain, but I've never been this size in my life and I'm terrified that it's only going to get worse and that I won't be able to get rid of it all after I have her. I look back at pictures that were taken of me when I thought I could stand to lose five or ten pounds, and I want to smack myself because I didn't even know what fat was compared to this. :p Ok, I'm done whining. Lol. This is just hands down the hardest adjustment so far. I love your guts, and I will for sure let you know if I ever need anything. xoxo

Dearest brother, if I ever had a day off in my life, then I would not even hesitate to come and play with you. My last day off was over a week ago and I don't get one next week either. :( Not a single one. Work is stupid, that is all.

Cjirsten! I am totally saving your blog as well, I don't know how I didn't know you had one! From here on out I will stalk you like there is no tomorrow. Haha! My sister discovered she has a passion (and a talent) for picture taking about a year or two ago, and now she does it all the time whether it's just for fun or professionally for other people. She has a blog (find her under "peeps I follow" on the right) that she uses to post random-yet-awesome pictures of her daily life. She really is very good. :) I love hearing so many people rave about how much fun their little girls are, it only makes me that much more excited for one. Plus, girls are so much less destructive than boys and they are more fun to dress. Lol! You're a sweetheart, I really hope I can lose at least most of it. I must confess that I've become a huge slacker in the exercise department lately. I just can't bring myself to be as committed as I was before I got pregnant. I hope the motivation comes back once I don't have a human being living inside me anymore. ;) I'm glad you read my updates, I'll have to be better at posting more regularly now that I know people actually want to know what's going on and I'm not just "journal-ing." ♥