Ok, so my post really has nothing to do with the Black Eyed Peas, but that song came to mind as I was gathering my thoughts, so I couldn't help but add musical notes. Anyways, what I was originally going to say is I've got a feeling that this blog is going to be where most of my pictures and most of my ramblings show up. Consider yourself warned when I say that I always have plenty of both, which will probably mean frequent sharing.
So..... I wanted to post the following picture because it is connected to what I wanted to write about today. Ignore the fact that the angle is horrible and makes my arm look like it's suffering from elephantitis.
![]() | ||||||
| Donating Plasma 8.19.10 |
I'm especially excited about this picture because the day it was taken was the first time in well over a month (at a donation rate of approximately twice a week) that I have walked out of the donation center with ONE bandage on ONE arm. Hooray! The reason I am so thrilled about this is I have extremely tiny veins and I tend to get infiltrated more often than not, which means they have to try and get the blood back into me through the other arm, which means additional needles. It is a rare and blessed occasion when I don't get infiltrated, so I was feeling pretty triumphant. Not only am I ecstatic that they got one arm to work through the entire donation (no re-sticks, no adjustments), but I'm just as impressed with the fact that they managed to successfully stick a side vein (the one that likes to roll and flows rather slowly) in my LEFT arm (which is far more tricky and uncooperative than my right).

2 comments:
Nice success, but I must say that your picture makes me a bit queezy. LOL! I don't like needles. Good thing there are people like you in the world that will donate. I'm sorry, my blood is my blood. LOL!
Hahaha, thanks, that was an exciting day, I was thrilled that I didn't get infiltrated! I don't like needles, either, but you get used to them after doing it for so long. ;) lol
Post a Comment